Write a C++ test
We strongly recommend each developer to write C++ unit tests when sending a PR.
- We use googletest as the C++ test infrastructure.
- C++ tests should be added to the
- Make sure your C++ test source file is covered by this CMake glob.
Build and run Taichi C++ tests
# build taichi with tests enabled
TAICHI_CMAKE_ARGS="-DTI_BUILD_TESTS:BOOL=ON" python setup.py develop
# run the C++ test
python tests/run_tests.py --cpp
Consider polishing the C++ test infrastructure:
- Separate each translation unit into its own test executable
- Have a unified script to control the execution of which set of tests
Add a new test case
Please follow Googletest Primer and Advanced googletest Topics.